5 plus 14 equals 19th

Our next gathering is on the 19th. Enjoyed your visit and catching up on all the news. I took Joe Joe to the vet this morning. He had an infection and needed an antibiotic ($101 ouch). This morning he was staggering and seemed to be in pain.

Posted by Susan on 01/06 at 10:22 PM

Next entry: computer mission accomplished

Previous entry: In Memoriam ~ Ring out, wild bells~

Oh, but of course Susan!  Def the 19th!!!!

Sorry to hear about your pooch…hope he mends quickly!

Can you believe this weather?

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/07  at  03:02 AM

i can’t wait to walk to Macys after work! I hear it’s 60 outside!! I also enjoyed sharing and listening last night. I hope all of you have a great weekend.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/07  at  03:39 AM

We probably should have taken a picture with us all there!
We took Nomie to see Dave’s dad on the way to Batesville to drop her off with Rachel.  There is not a spot on Dave’s Dad’s face that is not bruised..even his neck.  He has a huge knot on the bone under one eye… a very nasty fall - too bad he doesn’t remember how he fell.
After dropping Nomie off, we stopped at Clark’s appliance to look at new refrigerators and then came home and reclaimed our house - cleaned up the dog hair…

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/08  at  08:04 AM

Too bad about Dave’s Dad—sounds painful.

Serendipitously (sp?), a young man presented his ministry to us on Friday morning—he works for InterVarsity!

Also, my Phoenix daughter-in-law sent us links to houses for sale in their neighborhood.  She even has a renter ready to sign until we can move out there.  She thinks housing prices are going to start to go up.  It is nice to know they really want us to move near them.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/09  at  09:07 PM

I am glad you have started to prepare us for your move Kate!  It will give us plenty of time to adjust… or to make our vacation plans!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/10  at  03:35 AM

Yes, I will definitely be hosting CC for a weekend sometime!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/10  at  04:07 AM

This started as a “when we retire someday…” but it sounds as if you may consider moving sooner??? I am getting sad all ready…

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/10  at  08:18 PM

The plan is 6-7 years, but we will be back and forth even then, depending on how much we will still be working.

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/10  at  10:07 PM

And what do you mean…host us for a weekend?  Not the whole winter???

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/11  at  01:54 AM

oh, alright, come for the whole winter!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/11  at  04:37 AM

Can’t promise you the whole winter Kate…but please keep my bed ready and the wine cellar stocked…  smile

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/11  at  06:10 AM

I’m in for at least a weekend. Sorry I haven’t checked back sooner. I second missing you and do hope it won’t be too soon, the move!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/12  at  04:26 AM

so we are over our limit but this topic has not been nearly exhausted. My questions are:
Will you keep a home here too? What happens to your mother? And on the other side of the generation: are you sure that your son will continue to live in Arizona or are you planning a move there irrespective? are you considering purchase of a house there as an investment even if you don’t ultimately move there? How many will you sleep comfortably for our cc to have a weekend convene?

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/12  at  07:50 AM

And the inquisition is exactly why I have not told anyone how far along we are in our retirement plans to move to….

just kidding…

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/12  at  07:19 PM

Ha! you guys are hilarious!
Yes, we will keep a home here, too, for as long as the business needs us.  Mom will choose to come with us or go back east.  D&J love Phoenix and say they will stay. (We realize this may change and we would not move there if they weren’t there.) We would only buy a house now because the market is low and we found a bargain in the right location and we would rent it until we got there. If I don’t have enough beds, I’ll pay for your hotel! You will only have to pay for your flight, I’ll take care of everything else!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/12  at  09:30 PM

...for a weekend, not the whole winter!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/12  at  09:31 PM

A weekend sounds Good! I wish Barb was on CC! I’m sure she would also go for a weekend!

Posted by .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  on  01/14  at  03:27 AM